Mercy Corps is a number one world organization powered by the assumption that a greater world is feasible.In catastrophe, in hardship, in additional than 40 nations all over the world, we associate to place daring solutionsinto motion – serving to people conquer adversity and construct stronger communities from inside, now, and for the long run.
We are recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Food Security Co-Facilitator
Reference Number: MDG / HUMOPS / 2020 / 00044
Location: Maiduguri, Borno (with journey to discipline / venture areas)
Employment Type: Full Time
Program / Department Summary
- The humanitarian disaster in Northeast Nigeria has required an unprecedented scale-up of humanitarian operations in Nigeria, significantly Borno, Adamawa and Yobe (BAY) States
- This has included the institution of sector working teams to help the coordination of sector-based responses. These working teams are led by the Government and supported by humanitarian companies
- The sector-based strategy goals to strengthen partnerships, predictability and accountability of worldwide humanitarian motion and actors, by defining priorities, roles and tasks of humanitarian actors and different integral stakeholders.
- The Terms of Reference (ToR) units out the duties of NGO Co-facilitator consistent with world Inter-Agency Standing Committees (IASC) commitments, world steerage and best practices in world contexts experiencing a fancy and protracted disaster.
- The NGO co-facilitation mannequin is crucial for Northeast Nigeria to strengthen operational effectiveness, technical minimal requirements, accountability to affected populations, inter-sector linkages and guarantee implementation of sector-based advocacy.
- The Food Security Sector (FSS) in Nigeria is led by the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) at the nationwide degree in Abuja, and the respective Ministries of Agriculture (MoA) at the state degree.
- The FSS for is co-led by the World Food Programme (WFP) and the Food Agriculture Organization (FAO) with Mercy Corps because the NGO Co-facilitator.
General Position Summary
- The FSS NGO Co-facilitator could be the NGO focal and consultant who’s accountable to collaboratively help the implementation, monitoring and analysis of performance towards key sector capabilities and accountabilities.
- The management of the sector ensures companions take part in and assume their tasks to the sector as per related IASC ideas (Annex 3 Partnerships) by putting Accountability for Affected Populations (AAP) at the centre of decision-making.
- This place will likely be seconded to FSS and will likely be primarily based within the FAO workplace Maiduguri and must comply with the UN Protocols whereas all Operational Responsibilities will lie with Mercy Corps.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Strategy & Vision:
- Support growth and implementation of sector-level technique by means of consultative and inclusive processes. Ensure sector views embrace NGO experience and viewpoints.
- Ensure safety, gender and resilience are mainstreamed, whereas making certain the completely different wants and capacities of ladies, ladies, boys and males of all ages, people with disabilities and different variety traits resembling ethnicity and faith inform what sectors do, how, and with whom to advertise significant entry, security and dignity.
- Recognize alternatives for modern motion and create an setting the place different viewpoints are welcomed.
- Strengthen pre-existing sectoral coordination by sustaining acceptable hyperlinks and dialogue with nationwide and native authorities, native civil societies, and different related actors, whereas respecting their numerous particular person mandates.
- Coordinate successfully to strengthen inter-cluster coordination mechanisms by making certain that NGOs are contributing. When required, guarantee efficient illustration to extra coordination boards and decision-making mechanisms such because the O/HCT and HCT.
- Support program cycle and funding processes together with participation in Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP), Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) appeals, and Humanitarian Fund allocations.
- Participate within the evaluate of coordination mechanisms resembling Peer to Peer processes and world cluster evaluations, to make sure monitoring of adaptiveness of the response and elevated capacities of native actors.
- Convene common sector conferences, making certain discussions are participatory
Analysis and Needs Identification:
- Support coordination and conduct wants assessments with sector companions and different sectors
- Develop and roll-out, using world best apply, wants assessments that help fast and longer-term interventions.
- Monitor context and different pertinent operational traits and dynamics to make sure adaptiveness and responsiveness of companions and the general sector.
- Draft state of affairs updates to tell interventions and advocacy
- Strengthen sector degree and contextual evaluation integration into associate responses.
- Support the sector to develop contingency planning and emergency preparedness measures which are measurable, impactful and total well timed, acceptable and coordinated to keep away from gaps/ duplication.
- Promote consciousness and understanding of affected populations, figuring out acceptable service suppliers.
- Ensure sector companions are effectively represented in fast response mechanisms e.g. Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM), and different contingency planning processes.
- Disseminate instruments, steerage and promote apply that ensures integration/ implementation of sector minimal requirements; safety; and humanitarian ideas. This contains Accountability for Affected Persons (AAP), SPHERE, and others.
- Provide technical recommendation the place mandatory and strengthen communities of apply to make sure coherence and consistency.
- Ensure sector information assortment efforts are consistent with Protection Guidelines.
Influence & Representation:
- Take affordable actions to signify and strengthen NGO engagement in sector processes and broader coordination mechanisms.
- Act as a focus for receiving NGO considerations with the intention to elevate these with the sector lead company to strengthen the transparency of sector selections and work
- Develop sector degree key messages and speaking factors across the sector response, wants of affected individuals, and important points to tell humanitarian decision-making.
- Identify, construct and handle collaborative partnerships with consortium companions, sub-grantees, donors, native governments and different stakeholders.
- Communicate successfully to make sure total venture targets and donor obligations are met.
FSS Support to FSS Members:
- Ensure companions are successfully skilled on sector instruments, minimal requirements, and cross-cutting themes to help interventions.
- Identify alternatives to help National NGO capacity-building help to allow companions to take part successfully within the sector.
- Communicate successfully to make sure total venture targets and donor obligations are met.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and insurance policies as decided by nation management.
- Proactively be certain that group members function in a safe setting and are conscious of insurance policies.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- Mercy Corps group members are anticipated to help all efforts towards accountability, particularly
- to our beneficiaries and to worldwide requirements guiding worldwide reduction and growth work, whereas actively partaking beneficiary communities as equal companions within the design, monitoring and analysis of our discipline initiatives.
- Team members are anticipated to conduct themselves in an expert method and respect native legal guidelines, customs and MC’s insurance policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
- Reports Directly to Food Security Sector Coordinator
- Works Directly with FSS Coordinator, Sector Lead (Government), Co-Leads and the FSS Information Management Officers and as requested by the FSS Coordinator.
- Conduct himself / herself each professionally and personally in such a way as to carry credit score to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrable dedication to the sector and offering full time period help.
- Excellent interpersonal expertise together with communication (listening, talking, writing) are required.
- Willingness to work and journey in typically tough and insecure environments.
- Master’s Degree in Social Science, Food Security, Agriculture, Economics, Humanitarian Affairs or associated discipline;
- Minimum of three years’ expertise within the humanitarian sector on a management place;
- More than 2-year expertise of humanitarian coordination, collaborating, contributing in joint assessments, coaching, and coordination conferences are required.
- Has important data and understanding of operational presence in crises affected areas and delivering sector interventions and the humanitarian structure
- Technical experience in sector in Food Security in emergencies and coordination with a side of incorporating cross-cutting points resembling safety, resilience, gender, HIV / AIDS amongst others.
- Competency in web and Microsoft Office methods together with Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Working data of English
- Experience of the nation or area of deployment is fascinating.
- The profitable candidate will likely be proactive, artistic and an issue solver
- S/he will likely be conscientious with a superb sense of judgment
- S/he’ll have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting and will likely be able to multitasking
- S/he’ll exhibit a robust understanding of the cultural and social setting within the area and have the willingness and talent to work successfully with all kinds of people.
- Mercy Corps group members signify the company each throughout and out of doors work hours. Team members are anticipated to conduct themselves in an expert method and respect native legal guidelines, customs and MC’s insurance policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions
- Team members are anticipated to conduct themselves in an expert method and respect native legal guidelines, customs and MC’s insurance policies, procedures, and values at all instances and in all in-country venues.
- Fostering a various and open office is a crucial a part of Mercy Corps’ imaginative and prescient. Mercy Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer no matter background. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive setting.
- The place is predicated in Maiduguri, Borno state and it requires journey to discipline/ venture areas
- Mercy Corps group members signify the company each throughout and out of doors work hours when deployed in a discipline posting or on a go to to a discipline posting
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters in a single doc, addressing the place necessities, reference quantity and site to: [email protected]
- All purposes should embrace the place title and reference quantity within the topic line
- Please word that solely short-listed candidates will likely be contacted for interview
- We are an equal employment alternative organization so Female candidates are extremely inspired to use.
Application Deadline 18th November, 2020.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]