Ibadan Book Club (IBC), has set aside March 27, 2021, to host Mrs Foluke Sijuwola Falayi as her Guest Writer/Speaker for March.
A statement from Wole Adedoyin, the founder of the Club, said that the event will take place at the Press Council Hall, Beside Olori Hostel, North Campus of The Polytechnic, Ibadan by noon.
Foluke Sijuwola Falayi’s books have received starred reviews in national dailies. She bagged a BA in English from the University of Ado Ekiti. She also read Mass Communication at the National Open University of Nigeria School of Postgraduate Studies. Her books are recommended and approved by ministries of education in some south-west states of Nigeria. She is a celebrated author whose books have been greeted with great éclat, read and used as part of curriculum books. She hones her writing skills by attending writer’s conferences, seminars and training globally. She lives with her family in Lagos Nigeria.
Foluke Sijuwola Falayi has written over 20 books. Some of the books written by the author are The Slave Girl, Flub, Bond, Ugo and Ify at Christmas, The Little Prince and The Sluggish Servant.
Others are The Rainy Day, Ada in Port Harcourt, Trouble in the Exam, The Last Penny, The Pride of Parents, A Night at Edet’s House, One Two Three Poetry, Beans for Supper, Akeju’s Turnaround, The Gift from Ibadan and Sam Goes to College.
The upcoming book reading event promises to be an avenue for reading creative works such as poetry, fiction, book sales and signing, contacts with other readers and book writers in all corners of the state of Oyo, the statement added.
Prospective writers who have works in poetry, short stories and novels can also attend to read their works to other writers and readers. Membership forms and certificate of membership will be available at no charge to first-timers.
Ibadan Book Club is an initiative of the Nigerian Young Writers Society. It was founded in 2011 by SYNW to contribute its quota to the growth and development of the Reading Culture in the State of Oyo.
The Ibadan Book Club consists of a group of people who meet, meet periodically to discuss the book they have read and exchange those books. Club members encourage each other and learn to read with a critical mind, articulating their opinions about a particular book with others. Certain types of books not available or read receive attention through the book club.
Some of the publications published by Ibadan Book Club are: Olubadan Centennial Anthology: a collection of essays, articles, poems and works of art in honour of Oba (Dr.) Samuel Odulana, Odugade 1, Voices from Oja Oba Market and Finally, Senator Abiola Ajimobi: Memories, Dreams, Reflections of a Mind Always in Motion.
Pay Attention To:
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc