Muhammed Goni who is the first democratically elected governor of Borno State is reportedly dead.
The late politician was in his 80s and he died at the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital at about 8 p.m. on Wednesday April 29.
A relative of the former governor, Lawan Kareto who is a serving member of the Borno State executive council confirmed his death. He told Premium Times;
“We have lost our beloved elder this evening.
“We thank God for the good life he has had. Living to become 80 plus is not a small blessing from Allah. May his soul rest in peace.”
Mr Goni was elected governor of Borno in 1979, but lost his second term bid in 1983. He also contested for the governorship seat in Borno State under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2011, but lost to former governor Kashim Shettima, now a senator.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of www.ejesgist.com Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State