A 100-bed capacity boys’ hostel at the Government Secondary School, Gboko in Benue State on Wednesday caught fire
Prof. Dennis Ityavyar, the state Commissioner of Education confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday in Makurdi.
It was learnt that the fire started at about 9:00 am when the students were already in class.
However, no casualty was recorded from the inferno.
The commissioner disclosed that there were indications that the fire was as a result of power surge, adding that details of the damage was yet to be ascertained.
“Government Secondary School, Gboko boys hostels was gutted by fire around 9a.m. The students were in school at the time.
“We believe it was an electricity surge, by tomorrow, we will give more comprehensive details on the incident
“The fire affected only one of the boys hostel, it is a co-educational school for both male and female,” he said
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development FMARD Recruitment form 2020 for a State Project Internal Auditor (SPIA)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Current Jobs In Nigeria at Jhpiego an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University (15 Positions )
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates