There was confusion on Friday afternoon at the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos following a fire outbreak at the Forte Oil Petrol Station.
According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the inferno, which started around 2.10 pm saw, people running for safety thereby causing vehicular traffic jam on the roads within the airport.
The spokesperson for the Lagos Airport Police Command, DSP Joseph Alabi, told NAN that the incident occurred while a fuel tanker was discharging its product at the fuel dump.
It was gathered that “a tanker driver came to discharge fuel for them and during the process, fire broke out but it has been put off now.
“It was a disaster because everywhere was burnt down but there was no casualty.
“They called fire fighters from Lagos State Fire Service and also fire fighters from the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) responded.
“It was through their efforts that the fire was put off without causing further damages to other nearby structures,” Alabi said.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)