Job Title: Finance and Admin Assistant
Technical Reporting: Accounts Advisor
Location: (Akwa – Ibom)
Position type: Full- Time
Contract duration: 7 months (February 1 to August 31, 2019)
Heartland Alliance International (HAI) is the global arm of Heartland Alliance for Human Needs & Human Rights, a family of organizations that has been leading anti-poverty and social justice work in Chicago for more than 125 years. HAI implements programs in nearly a dozen countries on a range of global human rights issues, providing mental health and psychosocial services, access to justice for survivors of conflict or abuse, and high-quality stigma-free healthcare. Across all programs, HAI promotes progressive, innovative approaches to human rights protections and gender equity. HAI’s mission is to ensure the safety of people whose rights have been violated and empower them to actively engage in their communities and drive social change. HAI envisions a world in which people who have been victims of violence and human rights abuses have the opportunity to heal from trauma and access justice, move toward active engagement in society, and create positive and lasting change.
Hot Job : Office Manager wanted for at AA Rescue
Heartland Alliance International required the services of a Finance and Admin Assistant, who will be responsible for day-to-day financial as well administrative related issues for the project(s) within the state. He/She will support the accounts advisor in financial and internal control concerns within the field office such as raising of vouchers, making payments and maintaining proper office records within the field office.
RECOMMEND FOR YOU: Vacancy For Administrative Officer at Pro Broadcast Light and Sound Limited
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Assist the Accounts Advisor with handling the day-to-day Finance and administration related issues in the field office
- Review of documentations, raising vouchers and cheques upon approvals
- Ensures that all financial transactions are properly documented
- Responsible for implementing administrative processes in the field offices in line with organizational requirement
- Keep proper office records/filings as appropriate
- Record minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst the staff in the field office
- Assist with ensuring that personnel files in the field office are up to date with relevant documents.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating meetings, workshops and trainings, both on-site and off-site: making travel and hotel arrangements for staff and consultants, identifying and booking venues
- Assist in generating activity budgets and maintaining office cash float.
- Review staff travels and project activities advances retirements
- Assist in the preparation of the Monthly Financial report
- Any other duty as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in accounting or relevant field
- 2 years relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Fluency in oral and written English and should have knowledge of the use of QuickBooks
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively;
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Do not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point.
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited-resource environments.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment For Graduates
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- Oando Plc Recruitment 2022 For Graduates Apply now
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022
- Landmark University Recruitment for Non Academic staff
- Shell Petroleum Development Company SPDC 2022 Recruitment for Graduates