Ejes Gist Newspaper reports that Orji Okonkwo who was a former junior international for Nigeria has had his four-years ban extended by FIFA.
Ademola Olajire, Director of Communications at the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), said in a statement on Saturday that FIFA’s decision was contained in its decision regarding the Italian NADO’s request that the ban be extended globally.
“Jorge Ivan Palacio, chairman of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee, confirmed that the player had been properly cited and had the chance to present his defence.
“The decision has been properly communicated, it complies with FIFA rules, and extending the sanctions does not violate accepted norms of conduct or public order.
Therefore, the Committee made the decision to prolong the punishment imposed on the player by the Italian NADO on June 20, 2022.
In accordance with the Decision, the player was given a four-year suspension from all football-related activities, it said.
The player will be prohibited from playing between February 24, and February 26, 2026.
That is the latest NewsOnline Today on FIFA extends Orji Okonkwo four-year ban
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- INEC Recruitment for Observers