FHI 360 is a nonprofit human growth group devoted to bettering lives in lasting ways by advancing built-in, regionally pushed options. Our workers contains specialists in well being, schooling, diet, atmosphere, financial growth, civil society, gender, youth, analysis and expertise – creating a distinctive mixture of capabilities to deal with today’s interrelated growth challenges. FHI 360 serves greater than 70 nations and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Technical Advisor – IYCF, Monitoring and Evaluation
Location: Alive & Thrive (A&T); Abuja, Nigeria
Supervisor: A&T Nigeria Project Director
Program Duration: November 2015 to November 30, 2019
FHI 360 Global Health, Population & Nutrition
- Alive & Thrive is an initiative to save lots of lives, stop sickness, and guarantee wholesome progress and growth by way of improved breastfeeding and complementary feeding practices. In its first 5 years (2009 to 2014), A&T demonstrated that revolutionary approaches to bettering feeding practices could possibly be delivered with influence and at scale in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, and Viet Nam. Alive & Thrive continues its work there and is supporting others to scale up diet by making use of and adapting examined, confirmed approaches and instruments in Burkina Faso, India, Southeast Asia, and Nigeria. Alive & Thrive is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the governments of Canada and Ireland.
- The A&T Nigeria IYCF M&E Advisor will work as a part of an A&T Nigeria senior technical management staff led by the A&T Nigeria Project Director. This specialist is accountable for offering general technical and program management within the design, implementation and oversight of A&T Nigeria’s M&E portfolio.
- This portfolio might be targeted on the design, implementation, and monitoring of the A&T program elements and its companions’ implementation of those. The program elements embody: advocacy, interpersonal communication and neighborhood mobilization, mass communication, and the strategic assortment and use of knowledge.
- The place can be accountable for offering IYCF M&E technical and program enter by way of coordination, collaboration, and participation at excessive stage discussions with companions (and by way of technical help and coaching as requested) in step with the Government of Nigeria’s National Strategic Plan of Action for Nutrition (2014-2019), particularly the FMOH; worldwide donors; personal/industrial and NGO businesses and initiatives; different companions and stakeholders on the federal stage and in Lagos and Kaduna states to assist in the design and implementation of M&E actions in direction of monitoring and reporting on the advance of breastfeeding and complementary feeding practices. The place may even present this assist to the A&T Nigeria senior technical management staff’s work to combine IYCF messages, supplies, instruments, and indicators inside these entities and their packages.
- The M&E Advisor may even develop and implement an built-in M&E system for A&T to trace the inputs, processes, outputs and outcomes of every of A&T Nigeria’s core actions, whether or not straight carried out by A&T or by its worldwide and native subcontractors and companions. In this regard, the Advisor may even oversee high quality management and well timed manufacturing of required challenge information, instruments, supplies and merchandise related to M&E, together with any operational analysis and baseline/finish line surveys.
- This place will talk, join, and coordinate with different A&T HQ and A&T Nigeria workplace technical workers, subcontractors, companions, authorities and NGO stakeholders, and worldwide donors to make sure profitable design and implementation of the M&E portfolio of actions anticipated.
- This place will present highest stage strategic technical and program M&E management and high quality assurance in Nigeria and will take a lead function in disseminating classes discovered from M&E at nationwide and regional boards.
- The Nigeria A&T IYCF social and habits change program focuses on bettering charges of early initiation of breastfeeding, unique breastfeeding, well timed introduction of complementary feeding, and minimal dietary range for infants over 6 months old. A&T will work throughout the general public, industrial/personal, and NGO sectors to enhance IYCF by way of A&T’s 4 elements: advocacy, interpersonal communication and neighborhood mobilization, mass communication, and strategic use of knowledge.
- At the nationwide stage, A&T will predominantly work with its public, personal/industrial, and NGO sector companions (Scaling Up Nutrition and different nationwide IYCF initiatives) to enhance the implementation, monitoring, and enforcement of key IYCF insurance policies (Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes; maternity depart; work place assist; breastfeeding-friendly well being care and supply services).
- A&T may even work in two states—Lagos (metropolitan) and Kaduna (city and rural)—to use the 4 elements to succeed in households, communities, and services with focused, age-appropriate social and habits change communication (SBCC) messaging on IYCF practices.
- Specifically, in metropolitan Lagos, the Nigeria program (for example solely) would possibly work with the State Primary Health Care Board, proprietary and patent medication distributors, licensed conventional start attendants, main public and personal maternity facilities, social franchise-oriented personal organizations, faith- and community-based organizations, and associated on-going USAID (SPRING) and UNICEF initiatives to enhance advocacy; interpersonal habits change communication (counseling), and mobilization efforts to succeed in pregnant ladies and new moms; and use mass communication (by way of broadcast, Nollywood, cell phone, and signage) to additional prolong the attain of IYCF messages, present follow-up counseling, and enhance the social norm round IYCF practices.
- In rural and city Kaduna, the Nigeria program (for example solely) would possibly work with the State Ministry of Health, the Federation of Muslim Women Associations of Nigeria, the Market Women Association, and associated well being initiatives by USAID (SPRING), Clinton Health Access Initiative, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Primary Health Care initiative to enhance advocacy, interpersonal habits change communication and mobilization; and use mass communication (by way of broadcast, Kallywood, and cellphones) to enhance the social norm for IYCF amongst stakeholders and well being care suppliers.
- At each the nationwide stage and within the two states, whereas the emphasis might be to construct the capability of the general public sector to enhance IYCF practices, the involvement and sources from the personal and industrial sectors might be pursued to advance IYCF insurance policies, increase the promotion of constructive social norms, and prolong timed and age-appropriate habits change messaging by way of personal and industrial services to households and communities. Formative analysis might be performed to additional perceive goal populations and audiences (stakeholders, suppliers, beneficiaries), and monitoring programs might be established to be sure that program inputs, outputs, and outcomes are tracked and fed again into bettering this system.
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as the general M&E technical and program advisor to GON, worldwide donors, and NGOs
- Participate in varied nationwide working teams and process forces associated to the National Strategic Plan of Action for Nutrition
- Facilitate the usage of information to develop and implement IYCF and IYCF-sensitive BCC packages on the federal stage and in Lagos and Kaduna states as wanted and potential.
- Support the A&T Nigeria Senior Leadership Team to combine IYCF into public, personal/industrial, and NGO sectors, organizations, and packages on the federal stage and in metropolitan Lagos and rural and city Kaduna
- Provide capability constructing (TA and coaching) as wanted in strategic assortment and use of IYCF information.
- Provide in-service enter to enhance the standard of M&E to trace the inputs, processes, outputs, and outcomes of the supervisor-health care worker-community volunteer connection to the neighborhood and households.
- Design, conduct and/or actively take part in designing & conducting quick, targeted analysis workouts, operational analysis at designated websites, with matters decided in cooperation with public, personal/industrial, and NGO sectors at nationwide and/or state stage; and A&T nation workplace and/or HQ workers, to make clear operational points regarding implementation of IYCF packages. Share information and classes discovered from these workouts with native, nationwide, and regional companions to proceed to construct the information base of IYCF.
- Help interpret and disseminate information on IYCF and be sure that state and nationwide outcomes are reported to shoppers and companions.
- Keep abreast of worldwide developments regarding M&E methods for IYCF packages and share state-of-the-art data, instruments, and approaches with A&T Nigeria and companions
- Develop/refine M&E plans for A&T Nigeria – complete interventions, together with suggesting potential indicators and proposing M&E methods to gather information for chosen indicators primarily based on the clearly outlined plan of motion and developed challenge log-frame.
- Provide technical help on the design and implementation of qualitative research and quantitative surveys for IYCF, together with sampling methods, survey devices, survey implementation, information evaluation, report writing, and dissemination of outcomes. This might embody family surveys, trials for improved practices (TIPS), sentinel surveillance, lot high quality assurance sampling, focus group discussions, in-depth interviews.
- Provide technical help to IYCF companions & sub-grantees to develop M&E plans, together with suggesting indicators and proposing information assortment methods, actions, evaluation and reporting codecs.
Specific roles/obligations embody:
- Provide technical help, coordination, and implementation assist to the FMOH as requested, to incorporate mapping of present IYCF M&E interventions and creating subsequent actions to fill in gaps or strengthen on-going actions.
- Provide technical help and coaching to Lagos and Kaduna state stakeholders on the strategic assortment and use of knowledge to trace inputs, processes, outputs and outcomes. This will embody overseeing general baseline work and the set-up of M&E frameworks that can observe enter, course of, output, and influence of at-scale state advocacy, IPC and neighborhood mobilization, and mass communications actions.
- Contribute to the event of A&T annual work plans, budgets (particularly the M&E part) and challenge reports, and guarantee well timed reporting and responses to requests for data to HQ
- Actively take part in, contribute to, and in some instances conduct or facilitate main A&T program growth and implementation actions (strategic planning, program shows, advocacy and coverage conferences, workshops), as acceptable
- Work carefully with A&T Nigeria Project Director to leverage different worldwide donor and personal sector sources to enhance and prolong challenge attain
- Present/disseminate program outcomes, primarily based on program expertise, M&E and analysis information to GON platforms, initiatives and companions, and different skilled colleagues and organizations, each in nation and internationally
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are supposed to explain the overall nature and stage of labor being carried out by people assigned to this job. They should not supposed to be an exhaustive record of all obligations, abilities, efforts, or working situations related to a job.
Required Skills And Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Nutrition, Demography, Statistics, or associated discipline, with emphasis on quantitative evaluation. PhD most well-liked.
- At least 7 years of related expertise in Nigeria (related world expertise could also be acceptable) required with a minimum of Three years in a senior technical management function offering technical enter to a massive scale diet or public well being/growth challenge.
- Experience main M&E for worldwide, donor-funded initiatives. Recent senior technical and program work expertise (3-5 years within the final 10 years) in Nigeria (related setting could also be acceptable).
- Extensive public well being/diet discipline expertise in designing, implementing, monitoring and reporting on varied varieties of service supply platforms (i.e. interpersonal communication, neighborhood mobilization and mass communication)
- Experience in evaluation and interpretation of quantitative information, together with expertise drafting reports primarily based on quantitative information
- This job would require a legal background test
- Ability to work independently, assess priorities, and handle a number of actions whereas speaking, connecting, and collaborating with HQ and discipline workplace workers, subcontractors, and a broad coalition of presidency, NGO, and worldwide challenge companions
- Excellent writing, editorial, and communication abilities, together with sturdy presentation abilities to report outcomes to main donors
- Competency in survey design and implementation and expertise in information evaluation utilizing Stata, SAS, EpiInfo, or SPSS
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities in English; fluency in Hausa, Yoruba additionally strongly most well-liked.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational abilities
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Equipment for use: Computers, fax machine, telephones, calculators, and/or related units
- Typical bodily calls for: Works in a typical workplace setting
- Working situations together with Travel and Overtime: Travel from Abuja to and from Lagos and Kaduna 50% time.
The following is a abstract of fringe advantages supplied by FHI 360 to eligible workers:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance coverage
- Vision protection
- Group life and AD&D insurance coverage
- Supplemental private accident insurance coverage
- Supplemental incapacity
- Life insurance coverage
- Paid trip, sick and parental depart
- 403 (b) retirement plan
- Health financial savings account
- Long-term incapacity
- Medical and dependent care versatile spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance coverage
- Business journey insurance coverage
- Pension plan.
Other Benefits (will fluctuate relying on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site health middle
- Qualified tuition packages (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal help plan
- Local credit score union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee help program
- Pet insurance coverage.
- This job description summarizes the primary duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the precise duties that could be assigned to hold out these duties. This doc should not be construed in any approach to signify a contract of employment. Management reserves the fitting to overview and revise this doc at any time.
- FHI 360 fosters the energy and well being of its workforce by way of a aggressive advantages package deal, skilled growth and insurance policies and packages that assist wholesome work/life steadiness. Join our world workforce to make a constructive distinction for others – and your self.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2021 For Graduates
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)