The Minister of Communication and Digital Economy, Isa Pantami, has announced the Federal Government’s plans to issue a deadline for Nigerians to connect their bank accounts to their National Identity Numbers (NINs).
After the Federal Executive Council meeting at the statehouse in Abuja, Pantami disclosed this to newsmen.
He revealed that the Bank Verification Number (BVN) would be replaced by the NIN because the latter was not supported by legislation.
Last year, Panatami set the timeline for telephone subscribers to connect their Subscriber Identity Module aka SIM cards with their NINs between December 16 and 30, last year. Failure to do so will deactivate the SIM cards.
The National Task Force on National Identification Number (NIN) and SIM registration granted another extension following an uproar by Nigerians over the timing of the directive that had led to subscribers crowding at the few National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) registration centres across the country in violation of the COVID-19 protocols.
A three-week extension was granted for NIN subscribers from 30 December 2020 to 19 January 2021, while a six-week extension was granted for non-NIN subscribers from 30 December 2020 to 9 February 2021.
The Federal Government, however, has extended the deadline further to April 6, 2021.
Source : Ejes Gist.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State