FG reintegrates 15,000 terrorists, 366 soldiers, policemen killed in 2 years

0
President Muhammadu Buhari

In the North East and North West, have ambushed and killed at least 366 soldiers, policemen and members of the civilian joint task force since 2019.

According to SBM Intelligence, 337 soldiers, 29 cops, and civilian JTF members were killed by the , while 111 others were killed by the .

Hot Jobs 🔥 1. Rano Air Limited Massive Recruitment for OND, HND/BSC Graduates 2. Skyway Aviation Handling Company Plc Management Trainee Programme 2021 For BSC/HND

Read Also : Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today Black Market 22 November 2021

According to the report, 92 terrorists were killed, while 569 people were killed in a series of ambushes during the same time period.

According to the statistics, the largest single attack on the military occurred on March 23, 2020, in the Goniri area of Yobe State, where about 70 soldiers were killed.

30 soldiers, 12 police officers, and three terrorists were killed on July 7, 2020 in the Damboa Local Area of Borno State.

Also : Wife, Mother Of Notorious Bandit Trapped As Air Force Bombs Bandits Enclave

Between September 16 and 24, a total of 49 soldiers and two police officers were killed in Borno State’s Monguno and Marte local areas over the course of eight days.

On September 2 and 3, 2020, 18 soldiers, six police officers, and members of the civilian JTF were killed in the Kukawa Local Government Area of Borno State, according to the report.

Despite the deaths of soldiers, many terrorists are said to have surrendered recently as a result of the attack on Boko Haram strongholds, while the terrorists’ sponsors remain unknown.

At the same time, it was learned that at least 15,000 terrorists who surrendered to government forces were being de-radicalized.

“In recent months, there has been an endless mass surrender of terrorists and their sympathisers in the North-Eastern part of Nigeria,” National Security Adviser Maj. Gen. Babagana Moguno (retd.) said last week. Over 15,000 people have been received so far.

“It’s worth noting that a combination of kinetic and non-kinetic measures played a significant role in this wave of surrender.”

Mr Zakari Usman, the NSA’s Head of Strategic Communications, told The PUNCH that all 15,000 people who surrendered would be rehabilitated, including those who might be prosecuted.

“Yes, everyone will be rehabilitated,” he said. Even those involved in the criminal justice system go through rehabilitation.

“A process has already begun at the state level, in collaboration with the MDAs involved. There is some form of rehabilitation for everyone who surrenders.

“The low-risk associates are eligible for the rehabilitation, reintegration, and de-radicalization programme. Women, children, and conscripts are included.”

Meanwhile, Mr Femi Falana (SAN), a human rights lawyer, has announced that he will sue the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation for failing to arraign 400 Boko Haram sponsors six months after promising to do so.

Falana said the request for information was based on Malami’s claim on May 4, 2021 that the Federal Government had concluded arrangements to prosecute about 400 alleged sponsors and financiers of terrorism in Nigeria.

“Since I submitted the FOI, I have received no response from the AGF. As a result, we have no choice but to go to court. After the court workers’ strike ended, the AGF stated publicly that 400 terror sponsors would be arraigned. He stated, “That was over four months ago.”

Attempts to reach the AGF’s office were unsuccessful because his spokesman, Dr. Umar Gwandu, did not respond to inquiries.

Despite the assistance provided to Nigeria by the United Arab Emirates and other countries, which provided lists of alleged terror sponsors, the Federal Government has come under fire in recent months for failing to name terror sponsors.

In a statement released in September, Malami defended the government’s decision not to name the terror sponsors, claiming that doing so would jeopardise investigations.

Malami had stated that the Federal Government had been working hard to ensure that no stone was left unturned in the prosecution of Boko Haram financiers in order to win the country’s fight against terrorism.

“The time is not ripe for holistic disclosures so as not to pre-empt the investigation process,” the AGF said. The primary goal remains the establishment of peace and security in our beloved country.

“In terms of terrorism funding and financing, we have succeeded in identifying those who are allegedly responsible for funding it, and we are preventing funding leakages while launching an aggressive investigation that is having a positive impact on the fight against terrorism.”

Sunday Adeyemo, aka Sunday Igboho, a Yoruba Nation agitator, was also linked to a convicted Boko Haram financier by the AGF in October.

Credit :

MORE POSTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.