The Federal Government, FG, has approved the mandatory use of the national identity number starting from January 1, 2019.
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) made this known on Wednesday in a statement signed by its Head, Corporate Communications, Loveday Chika Ogbonna.
“Federal Executive Council has approved the immediate commencement of the implementation of a strategic roadmap for Digital Identity Ecosystem in Nigeria at its meeting, held on Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 and chaired by President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR.
“According to the Director-General/CEO of NIMC, Engr. Aliyu Abubakar Aziz, the FEC approval of the Identity Ecosystem will bring into full force the implementation of the provisions of the NIMC Act 23, 2007, which include the enforcement of the mandatory use of the National Identification Number January 1, 2019 and the application of appropriate sanctions and penalties on defaulters as provided under Section 28 of the NIMC Act and Regulations,” The statement reads.
Meanwhile, NIMC had refuted reports that it’s suspending the issuance of the National Identity Cards for the next three years.
Pay Attention To:
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- United Nations recruitment for a Programme Officer