The Federal Government has set aside N10.6 billion to transport COVID-19 vaccines across the country.
The Federal Government has set aside N10.6 billion through the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA) for the transportation of approved COVID-19 vaccines across the country.
According to the “Estimated Budget for States Rollout of COVID-19 Vaccines (end-to-end)” released on Friday, Kano State has the largest allotment for transportation at N685.4 million, while Lagos State, the epicentre of the COVID-19 pandemic, has the smallest allotment at N558.6 million. In Katsina, N476 million will be spent on vaccine distribution, while in Oyo State, N396.3 million will be spent. Bayelsa state has the smallest budget for vaccine transportation, at N121 million.
The NPHCDA also set aside N1.4 billion for personal protective equipment (PPE) and N373 million for adverse reactions to immunisation kits (AEFI kits). The total cost of vaccine transportation, personal protective equipment, AEFI kits, and sensitization was estimated to be N12.7 billion.
Finance Minister Zainab Ahmed told the Peoples Gazette that the federal government would draw a supplemental budget in March to cover the cost of COVID-19 vaccinations. The much-anticipated Oxford AstraZeneca vaccines arrived in Nigeria on Tuesday to a rapturous welcome.
According to the government, 3.9 million doses were delivered. Nigeria kicked off the mass vaccination programme with a pomp and circumstance in Abuja on Friday.
Four frontline health workers, three medical doctors and a nurse, were vaccinated in full view of the public. President Muhammadu Buhari and his Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, both publicly received their own vaccinations as a show of support for a vaccine-skeptical public.
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
Latest Jobs in Nigeria
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Recruitment 2021
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at Edo State College of Agriculture for Academic and Non-Teaching Staff
- First Bank Recruitment 2021 for March / April (7 Positions)
- Massive Recruitment at the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Bank Teller Job Hiring at Tribest Corporate Support Limited
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of www.ejesgist.com Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State