The Federal Government has set aside N10.6 billion to transport COVID-19 vaccines across the country.
The Federal Government has set aside N10.6 billion through the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA) for the transportation of approved COVID-19 vaccines across the country.
According to the “Estimated Budget for States Rollout of COVID-19 Vaccines (end-to-end)” released on Friday, Kano State has the largest allotment for transportation at N685.4 million, while Lagos State, the epicentre of the COVID-19 pandemic, has the smallest allotment at N558.6 million. In Katsina, N476 million will be spent on vaccine distribution, while in Oyo State, N396.3 million will be spent. Bayelsa state has the smallest budget for vaccine transportation, at N121 million.
The NPHCDA also set aside N1.4 billion for personal protective equipment (PPE) and N373 million for adverse reactions to immunisation kits (AEFI kits). The total cost of vaccine transportation, personal protective equipment, AEFI kits, and sensitization was estimated to be N12.7 billion.
Finance Minister Zainab Ahmed told the Peoples Gazette that the federal government would draw a supplemental budget in March to cover the cost of COVID-19 vaccinations. The much-anticipated Oxford AstraZeneca vaccines arrived in Nigeria on Tuesday to a rapturous welcome.
According to the government, 3.9 million doses were delivered. Nigeria kicked off the mass vaccination programme with a pomp and circumstance in Abuja on Friday.
Four frontline health workers, three medical doctors and a nurse, were vaccinated in full view of the public. President Muhammadu Buhari and his Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, both publicly received their own vaccinations as a show of support for a vaccine-skeptical public.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates