Benue state government has rejected three trailers of rice donated by the Federal Government through the Ministry for Humanitarian Affairs as COVID-19 palliatives.
Chairman of the State Emergency Committee on COVID-19 and Deputy Governor Benson Abounu said the rice delivered by FG have expired and are no longer fit for human consumption.
The Deputy Governor further disclosed that even though the bags of rice had been taken to the three senatorial zones, the government has decided to return them to the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs.
“Government cannot afford to risk the health of its citizen by given them expired rice to eat.”
He also revealed that the state government spent about N2 million to purchase the bags of rice.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- Titan Trust Bank Recruitment 2021/2022 For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment At Wema Bank Plc ( Apply Now )
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- SaroAfrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (North and Middle-Belt)
- Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2021/2022 – NCS Application Form & Portal Registration
- Saroafrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (East, West & South)