The Federal Government has declared Friday, June 12. as public holiday to mark this year’s Democracy Day Celebration.
This was made public by Nigeria’s Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola on behalf of President Muhammadu Buhari.
The Minister commended the heroes of democracy for their dogged determination and sacrifice which eventually birthed Democratic Governance in Nigeria.
A statement signed by the permanent secretary in the ministry, Georgina Ehuriah quoted Aregbesola as calling on all Nigerians to continue to cherish the selfless efforts made to attain democracy.
He urged Nigerians to collaborate with the President Muhammadu Buhari-led Administration to ensure the realization of the democratic ideals which these Patriots fought for, even at the cost of their lives.
The Minister who reassured Nigerians of the Federal Government’s commitment to battling the scourge of COVID-19 with the cooperation of all Nigerians, advised them further, to take responsibility for stopping the spread of the virus.
He reiterated the need for all Nigerians to stay safe by observing physical and social distancing, personal and respiratory hygiene, as well as other regulations issued by relevant authorities.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited