Femi Gbajabiamila denies comparing IPOB, Yoruba Nation agitators with Boko Haram, ISWAP.
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, has denied comparing IPOB and Yoruba Nation agitators to Boko Haram and the Islamic State’s West Africa Province (ISWAP).
The representative from Lagos’ Surulere neighbourhood has come under fire for his remarks at the plenary on Wednesday.
Lanre Fasasi, Gbaja’s spokesman, said in a statement Wednesday night that no mention of any group was made during Gbaja’s speech.
He pointed out that the Speaker had condemned miscreants and criminals for exploiting separatist agitation to commit heinous acts.
His principal, according to Fasasi, is concerned about emerging threats that pose a clear and present danger.
“In the South of Nigeria, East and West, miscreants and criminals posing as separatist activists have emerged to wreak havoc, take lives, and commit economic sabotage against fellow Nigerians and the state,” he quoted Gbajabiamila as saying.
“These people, in their proclivity for devastating violence against fellow citizens, their appetite for destroying private property, their disruption of academic activities, commerce, and industry, their proclivity for defiling state, society, and community institutions, their refusal to engage in debate, or to consider the possibility of dissenting opinions and alternative viewpoints, their refusal to engage in debate, or to consider the possibility of dissenting opinions and alternative viewpoints, their refusal to engage in debate, or to consider the possibility of
The focus on miscreants, criminals, and their effects on the country, according to Fasasi, was noticeable in the speech.
The Speaker never condemned secessionists or compared them to terrorists, according to the aide.
“The Speaker is not alone in his concern about the emergence of a band of miscreants and criminals; various patriotic Nigerians have expressed similar concerns,” the statement continued.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited