The Federal Ministry of Science and Technology is dedicated to making sure that science, expertise and innovation contribute to our sustainable growth efforts.
Applications are invited from certified candidates for the:
Title: Talented Young Scientists of Nigeria (TYSON) Programme
Talented Young Scientists of Nigeria (TYSON) is an annual occasion instituted by the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology, geared toward giving award to assist graduates of Tertiary Institutions within the areas of Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Mathematics and Environmental Sciences with top quality Honours on the University stage. This will encourage undergraduates who’re pursuing their careers within the fields of Science and Technology to place extra effort in order to return out with the very best consequence on the finish of their research. The programme will in flip assist the emergence of a information pushed economic system envisaged for the nation.
The primary targets of TYSON are to:
- Improve Science, Industry and Academic partnership;
- Facilitate the event of Smart Technology firms;
- Produce a pool of devoted Scientists, Technologists and Engineers with worldwide competence;
- Lay the muse that may allow Nigerian Scientists / Engineers proffer options to continental and world issues;
- Create a platform for Nigerian Scientists sooner or later to grow to be famend Noble Laureates in Medicine, Chemistry and Physics.
- Retain 1st Class graduates of Science / Engineering within the Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) career;
- Forge friendship amongst future Nigerian graduates of Science and Technology and encourage networking;
- Foster long run nationwide cooperation amongst Research and Tertiary Institutions;
All Graduates of Tertiary Institutions (Universities/Polytechnics) with First Class Honours /Distinction within the areas of Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Environmental Sciences and different associated programs from 2016-2018. The following challenges being confronted by the STI sector in Nigeria over time are being posed for the contributors to proffer options utilizing STI approaches:
- Non- Commercialization of Research & Development outcomes,
- Non-Utilization of Nuclear Technology to eradicate malaria in Africa,
- Non-Utilization of renewable expertise to deal with meals storage within the rural areas,
- Non-utilization of Bioresources to deal with well being challenges.
Candidates are additionally anticipated to provide a brief transient on their proposed options (no more than 1000 phrases).
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates ought to:
Click Here to Apply
CHECK THIS JOB ALSO : NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
Note: Please point out your space of curiosity of proffering answer(s). Only shortlisted candidates will likely be invited to take part.
For enquiries, please contact:
Assistant Director (STEM),
Department of Science and Technology Promotion
Phone No.: +2348036810150
Application Deadline seventh September, 2019.