Ekiti State governor, Ayo Fayose
With less than 35 days to vacate the government house, Ekiti governor Ayodele Fayose has prepared to submit self to the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC).
Fearing he could be arrested for financial mismanagement, Fayose who has been facing allegations of finncial crime is reported to have written a letter to the anti-graft agency notifying it that he would make himself available to it on Tuesday, October 16, 2018.
The letter was personally signed by Fayose with the title: “Notification of my decision to make myself available in your office to clarify issue(s) or answer questions on issues within my knowledge”.
According to the Tribune, Fayose’s letter was addressed to the chairman of the EFCC.
The newspaper quoted the governor as saying that his desire to submit the letter to the commission was hinged on several and serial actions of the commission.
“…. for some time now, including but not limited to the freezing of my accounts and attempts to secure temporary forfeiture of my properties.”
He said these were “indicative of the commission’s desire to have me clarify some issues or answer some questions but for, the immunity, I enjoy under Section 308 of the 1999 Constitution as the sitting governor of Ekiti State.”
Ibrahim Magu, Acting EFFC Chairman
Fayose stated in the letter: “I wish to inform you that my term of office pursuant to which I enjoy immunity against investigation and prosecution under the above provision shall lapse by effluxion of time on Monday, 15th October, 2018.
“Asa responsible citizen of our great country, who believes in the rule of law, I wish to inform you of my decision to make myself available in your office on Tuesday, 16th October 2018 at 1pm to clari1 pm issues or1 answer questions within my knowledge.
“Kindly confirm the suitability of the above date or indicate by return, the commission’s convenient date.”
Tribune reported that a stamp on a copy of the letter indicated that it was received in the office of the EFCC chairman.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Massive Job Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited (30 Positions)
- TOS TV Network 2020 Job Recruitment (23 Positions)
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]