Ekiti State governor, Ayo Fayose
With less than 35 days to vacate the government house, Ekiti governor Ayodele Fayose has prepared to submit self to the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC).
Fearing he could be arrested for financial mismanagement, Fayose who has been facing allegations of finncial crime is reported to have written a letter to the anti-graft agency notifying it that he would make himself available to it on Tuesday, October 16, 2018.
The letter was personally signed by Fayose with the title: “Notification of my decision to make myself available in your office to clarify issue(s) or answer questions on issues within my knowledge”.
According to the Tribune, Fayose’s letter was addressed to the chairman of the EFCC.
The newspaper quoted the governor as saying that his desire to submit the letter to the commission was hinged on several and serial actions of the commission.
“…. for some time now, including but not limited to the freezing of my accounts and attempts to secure temporary forfeiture of my properties.”
He said these were “indicative of the commission’s desire to have me clarify some issues or answer some questions but for, the immunity, I enjoy under Section 308 of the 1999 Constitution as the sitting governor of Ekiti State.”
Ibrahim Magu, Acting EFFC Chairman
Fayose stated in the letter: “I wish to inform you that my term of office pursuant to which I enjoy immunity against investigation and prosecution under the above provision shall lapse by effluxion of time on Monday, 15th October, 2018.
“Asa responsible citizen of our great country, who believes in the rule of law, I wish to inform you of my decision to make myself available in your office on Tuesday, 16th October 2018 at 1pm to clari1 pm issues or1 answer questions within my knowledge.
“Kindly confirm the suitability of the above date or indicate by return, the commission’s convenient date.”
Tribune reported that a stamp on a copy of the letter indicated that it was received in the office of the EFCC chairman.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff