Delta State All Progressive Congress (APC) governorship candidate, Chief Great Ogboru is set to tender 5,375,672 documents to the Justice Suleiman Belgore led Delta State Elections Petition Tribunal Panel.
The documents to be tendered include polling unit voter register for the 3894 polling units, including that of registration areas/ wards.
Also to be tendered are forms EC8A, EC8B, EC8C, EC8D, and EC8E used for the March 9th Delta State gubernatorial election from polling unit, ward, local government area and State levels.
The APC lead counsel, Nichols Ichekor had Thursday at the resumed hearing tendered polling units voter register numbering about 320 documents for Aniocha South, Ndokwa East,Bomadi and Burutu L.G.A’s.
The legal teams of both the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and the All Progressive Congress (APC) have had a hectic time sorting and inspecting the voluminous documents in the last four days.
Dissatisfied with the victory of Delta Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa at the governorship polls, Great Ogboru had approached the tribunal seeking legal redress.
Amongst the petitioner’s prayers are that it be declared that the total votes for him should be 215,938 while that of the 1st respondent (Okowa) and 2nd respondent (PDP) should be 155,192 votes.
He is also seeking that the certificate of return issued to the 1st and 2nd respondents be declared null and void.
The petitioner wants to be returned having scored the highest number of lawful votes cast and that the 3rd respondent (INEC) should issue the petitioner’s with the certificate of return as duly elected Governor of Delta State.
Alternatively, the election to the office of Governor of Delta State held on March 9th be nullified and fresh election ordered
Meanwhile source from Gov. Okowa Legal Team, confined on our correspondent, that the case at hand is a very tough one and they running from Pilar to Pole to cover up the frauds committed during the election.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development FMARD Recruitment form 2020 for a State Project Internal Auditor (SPIA)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Current Jobs In Nigeria at Jhpiego an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University (15 Positions )
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates