The Ogun State police said they have arrested one Sikiru Idowu on Friday for allegedly maltreating his five-year-old son, Segun Sikiru.
The man was accused of “inflicting grievous harm on the body of his son over an allegation that the small boy stole a fish.”
He was said to have allegedly “put an aluminum plate on fire and when the plate was red-hot, he forcefully sat the boy on it, thereby burning his buttocks.”
Sikiru was also accused of using the same plate to burn the victim’s fingers and part of his mouth.
It was learnt that the small boy was rushed to hospital for treatment.
Ogun police spokesperson, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, on Sunday confirmed that the suspect is a resident of Itowo in Oke Sopen area of Ijebu Igbo.
PAY ATTENTION TO : Delta Monarch Cries Out, Herdsmen Have Taken Over Our Land
Oyeyemi informed that Sikiru was arrested by the police in Ijebu Igbo Division when members of the public alerted that he was about to kill the boy.
RECOMMEND FOR YOU : Nigeria Police arrest dismissed soldier, smash robbery gang
“On the strength of the information, the DPO, Ijebu Igbo division, SP Kazeem Solotan quickly mobilized his detectives to the area where the suspect was arrested,” Oyeyemi said.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development FMARD Recruitment form 2020 for a State Project Internal Auditor (SPIA)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Current Jobs In Nigeria at Jhpiego an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University (15 Positions )
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates