Nollywood actress Foluke Daramola-Salako has shocked her fans by revealing that she lost her virginity to a rapist at the age of 17, during an interview with PlusTVAfrica.
She also had a chat with Funmi Iyanda on Public Eye Live on the topic: ”Combating Nigeria’s viruses and violence pandemic,” where she noted that celebrities should create more awareness on the scourge and enact it in their movies to spread the message against rape.
“The role of Nollywood is for us to create more awareness programs, have more movies that are preaching the negativity of rape and abuse, the reason it can happen to anybody, and the reason under no circumstances should any rapist be made to look like a good person,” she said.
(Opens in a new browser tab)
Daramola who is also the founder of the “Action Against Rape in Africa” initiative, a movement that seeks to curb rape and bring its perpetrators to book in Africa.
She had earlier revealed that 75 percent of the perpetrators of the rape cases addressed by her NGO are religious leaders.
“75% of the cases I have on my table are from religious leaders, and a lot of time, we don’t get to the end of it, because when we start, the family would come and tell us we should leave the religious leader to God,” Daramola-Salako revealed.
Watch video below:
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)