Justice Sikiru Oyinloye of Kwara State High Court, Ilorin, on Tuesday convicted and sentenced 19-year-old Chemistry undergraduate of University of Ilorin, Ajayi Joshua Oluwatobi to nine months imprisonment for defrauding three fellow students who were seeking accommodation.
The convict was prosecuted on three count-charges by the Ilorin Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission ( EFCC).
The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.
One of the charges read: “That you, Ajayi Joshua Oluwatobiloba, in the month of November 2019, in Ilorin, within the jurisdiction of this honorable court, did cheat by deceiving one Anjorin Oluwabukolami Eniola, a University of Ilorin student when you fraudulently induced her to pay N45,000.00 (Forty-five Thousand Naira) into the GTbank account 045262140 of one Hassan Adefemi Daniel for hostel accommodation, a representation you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 320 of the Penal Code and punishable under Section 322 of the same Law.”
Justice Oyinloye found Oluwatobi guilty of all the three-count charges and aside the prison term, additionally ordered him to pay the sum N105,000 (One Hundred and Five Thousand Naira) fine so as to serve as deterrent to others, nursing such a crime.
“This honourable court is of the view that the prosecution has proved its case beyond reasonable doubt, the court hereby finds you, Ajayi Joshua Oluwatobi guilty of Count 1, 2 and 3. You are hereby convicted for the offence,” he said.
Each count attracts three months imprisonment, which runs concurrently.
The convict ran into trouble when the University of Ilorin reported a case of defrauding three accommodation- seeking students to the EFCC.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Service Executive Conversion Programme
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Jobs in Nigeria for Academic Staff at American University of Nigeri
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august