Excited UI Workers Fry Akara To Celebrate VC’s Exit
As Prof. Idowu Olayinka finished his five-year tenure as the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ibadan (UI), excited staff have embarked on different activities which includes frying of Akara and sweeping of the institution to show how relieved they feel as his tenure is over
Workers of the institution embarked on several activities which suggested they were relieved by the exit of the VC who had completed his five year tenure.
According to OyoInsight, workers of the institution kicked off celebrations with a Thanksgiving before proceeding to the VC’s office at the Tekena Tamuno building where they swept the entire place.
The UI workers then proceeded to the main gate where they swept the entire area extending up to the main road, after which they burnt all the brooms used during the sanitation exercise.
Dramatically, after leaving the road, the joyous workers then fried beans cake commonly known as akara, to mark the auspicious moment.
Olayinka’s five-year tenure as the vice-chancellor of the institution was reportedly fraught with battles with workers union over the running of the institution’s affairs.
The Senate of the University of Ibadan (UI) on Monday elected the institution’s deputy Vice Chancellor, Professor Babatunde Ekanola as Acting Vice Chancellor (VC) of the university.
At a Senate meeting held on Monday morning, Ekanola won with 275 votes to defeat four other nominees.
Ekanola, who is expected to be the institution head for the next six months, will assume office December 1, 2020.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization