An ex-militant leader, Eshanekpe Israel (a.k.a Akpodoro), has called on President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress (APC) to jail anyone that looted Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).
Akpodoro, who is the national president of National Coalition of Niger Delta Ex-Agitators (NCNDEA), said NDDC’s activities was long overdue for a forensic audit and investigation, but for lack of political will by successive governments.
He lamented that the carefree attitude of past administrations aided the commission’s poor performance and service delivery.
The ex-agitator said past NDDC boards compromised their offices, noting that their tenure was characterised by poor service delivery, and reckless management of resources.
Akpodoro queried why the clearance of waterways in a region bedevilled by creeks, and its people subsistent farmers, would be determined by those who care less about the people’s welfare.
He added that contracts meant to uplift the youth were given to cronies, and who are non-indigenes, to spite the region.
A forensic audit, he said, would unravel the crimes of a few who put development of material and human resources in the region in reverse gear for their selfish interest.
Akpodoro said: “…they blare sirens as soon as they are appointed, parade large security personnel, harass and intimidate the people and
‘’Few roads built by the agency are narrow without standard drainage system, yet engineers are appointed to oversee projects. The region remains poorly electrified; they award inflated contracts to themselves by proxies they are enemies of the people and shall be so dealt with.”
The ex-agitator said the Pius Odubu-led board, when inaugurated, would rewrite the narratives of the agency in its productivity and quality service delivery.
He called on the Federal Government to inaugurate the board without delay.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services LLimite
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]