A former Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Zakawanu Garuba, has died just as some unknown persons have reportedly abducted his wife and driver while on their way to his funeral.
(Opens in a new browser tab)
Garuba was the speaker of the state House of Assembly between 2007 and 2009. He died in Abuja on Friday, July 17 after a brief undisclosed illness.
Meanwhile, Hassana, the wife of the deceased politician, his mother, and three children were riding in a car behind the ambulance carrying his corpse to Auchi in Etsako West local government area for his burial, when they were attacked by kidnappers along the Lokoja-Abuja highway this afternoon.
The kidnappers reportedly abducted Hassana and the driver, leaving the aged mother of the politician and their three children.
PAY ATTENTION TO : BREAKING: Bomb Blast Hits Major City in Nigeria, Many Feared Dead
When contacted, the Commissioner of Police in Edo state, Johnson Kokumo said
“I have been informed of the unfortunate incident and we are working to ensure that the remaining persons get to Auchi safely while the Kogi State Police is working on the situation to ensure the woman is rescued”
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2021 For Graduates
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria