England captain Harry Kane has stated that the penalty shoot-out loss to Italy in the Euro 2020 final will haunt him and his teammates for the rest of their careers.
Kane also described his team’s loss on Sunday as “the worst feeling in the world.”
After a 1-1 deadlock after 120 minutes, the Three Lions were defeated 3-2 on penalties.
England’s Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, and Bukayo Saka all missed penalty kicks.
It means that the wait for a major prize, which began in 1966, will continue.
“I couldn’t have done anything more. The boys gave everything they had.
“When you lose, penalties are the worst feeling in the world. Even though it wasn’t our night, it was a fantastic competition, and we should be proud of ourselves.
“Of course it’s going to hurt now,” says the narrator. It’ll be painful for a while, but we’re on the right way, we’re improving, and maybe we’ll be able to progress next year,” Kane told BBC One.
“We should be tremendously proud of what we have accomplished as a group,” he added. Because we’re all winners who want to win, it’ll most likely hurt for a while and for the rest of our careers, but that’s football.
“We made good progress from Russia, and now it’s time to keep going.”
The breaking news now is that Italy has defeated England in a penalty shootout
Italy 4 : England 3
italy vs england 2021 final
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )