The number one citizen of Imo state, Governor Hope Uzodinma has spoken on the 24-hour curfew imposed on the state.
The governor said that he imposed 24-hour curfew in the state, to avoid the protests leading to loss of lives, Vanguard reports.
Uzodinma spoke in Owerri, in a statewide broadcast to Imolites regarding the EndSARs protests.
The governor simply said: “Because I will not want an avoidable incident that can lead to loss of lives to occur in the state, I will do all that is needful to maintain peace and security for all Imo people.
“Consequently, to ensure that the peace in the state is not disturbed, a 24-hour curfew is hereby imposed in the state till further notice.
“This means that there will be no movement in the state either in the daytime or at night, except for those on approved essential services. The curfew is with immediate from 12 midnight today October 20th.”
He continued: “Only yesterday I set up a judicial commission of inquiry to investigate the alleged human rights abuses by the disbanded SARS.
“All these actions point to the indisputable fact that the expectations of the protests are being honesty addressed by both the Federal and State governments.
“This is why the determination of some unpatriotic elements to infiltrate the genuine protesters, and escalate tension and unleash violence in the state should not be condoned.”
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executives
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at West Africa Container Terminal
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Employment Opportunities at Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Deutsche Partners Holdings
- Ongoing Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Marriott International