Rinu Oduala, a youth representative of the Lagos judicial panel on police brutality, has threatened to sue the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) for freezing her bank account for three months.
The apex bank had approached a court to seek an order to freeze the accounts of 20 #EndSARS protesters for 90 days, in the wake of protests against police brutality that took place in October 2020.
The order, which was granted on November 4, 2020, expired on Tuesday.
Ahmed Mohammed, a federal high court judge, on Wednesday ordered the unfreezing of the accounts after CBN’s counsel and the legal representative of the protesters agreed to end the case.
Reacting to the verdict, Oduala described the embargo placed on her account as an act of intimidation while claiming that the CBN did not carry out any investigation within the stipulated three months.
Oduala said she has informed her lawyers, Falana and Falana Chambers, to sue the apex bank on her behalf.
“It’s time to sue CBN for the unlawful freeze of my accounts,” she tweeted.
“I was accused of money laundering & terrorism but no investigations were done in the past 3 months. This was purely an act of intimidation!”
“I have informed my lawyers, Falana and Falana Chambers & we will be suing!”
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today , Latest Naija News Loaded ,
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State