The family home of Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Omididun Street, Lagos Island has been vandalised.
According to Punch, the angry mob attacked the home throwing stones at the house.
This comes after soldiers massacred #EndSARS protesters at Lekki toll gate.
Sanwo-Olu had imposed a curfew on the state due to the #EndSARS protests. Soldiers were subsequently called in which led to the deaths of at least seven persons, mostly youths.
Eyewitnesses told The PUNCH that one of the youths with holding a jerry can of petrol was seen soaking the house in petrol but was quickly stopped by residents for fear that the fire could spread uncontrollably.
The eyewitness, who wished to remain anonymous, said, “Around 7.45am, angry youths gathered around Sanwo-Olu’s family home on Omididun Street, Lagos Island, throwing stones and shattering glasses.
“One of the youths poured petrol on the building but was immediately prevented from setting it ablaze because the fire could spread and lead to loss of lives.”
It was learnt that policemen attached to the Adeniji Adele Police Station had raced to the scene in a bid to quell the violence.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited