Mustapha Inuwa, secretary to Katsina state government said the closure was normal routine in places where a positive case has been recorded. He further revealed that samples were taken from the palace for Coronavirus tests.
ALSO READ : Naija News : Police commander dies in Kano
The state’s police spokesperson, SP Isa Gambo told newsmen in Katsina on Monday May 4 that the police decided to act on the directives of the state governor, Aminu Masari.
“Daura is under lockdown and so it shall be in every nook and cranny in the town without exception to anybody’s house, the police are just ensuring the lockdown order of the state government.
“Don’t forget the first victim of coronavirus in Katsina was traced to Daura.”
According to Nigerian Tribune, the Emir had assembled over 1,000 people in his palace where he distributed food to them. Recall that the first Coronavirus case in Katsina state was recorded in Daura.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)