Emilio Ballack, the son of former Chelsea and Germany midfielder Michael Ballack, died aged 18 in a quad bike crash in Portugal, according to reports, after the Blues expressed their condolences to his father.
Emilio Ballack, the second of Ballack’s three children with ex-wife Simone Lambe, was reported to have died while on vacation in Portugal’s Troia Peninsula, with the accident believed to have occurred on or near land owned by his family.
Michael Ballack, 44, was a fan favourite at Stamford Bridge during his time with Chelsea and is widely regarded as one of the best players of his generation. The English club was one of the first to express its sorrow:
The death of Emilio Ballack at the incredibly young age of 18 has shocked and saddened everyone associated with Chelsea Football Club.
“At this difficult time, our thoughts are with his father Michael and his family.
5 August 2021 — Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC)”
Michael Ballack began his career with Kaiserslautern before joining Bayer Leverkusen in 1999. He quickly rose through the ranks of the German national team before joining Bundesliga powerhouse Bayern Munich.
Michael Ballack & his son
Emilio Ballack moved to Chelsea after the 2006 World Cup with Germany, where he spent four seasons and won several domestic titles. In 2010, he returned to Bayer Leverkusen before retiring in 2012.
Louis and Jordi, his other children with Lambe, were born on opposite sides of Emilio.
Pre-pandemic in February 2020, a photo of Michael Ballack with his son, Emilio, was posted on the former player’s official Instagram account.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021