The Nigerian Intervention Movement (NIM), on Wednesday adopted Alliance for New Nigeria (ANN) as the political party to contest the 2019 general elections.
The political movement announced its adoption of ANN, a relatively new party, at a gathering on Lagos.
NIM is chaired by former National President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Mr Olisa Agbakoba with Dr Abdul Jelil-Tafawa Balewa as its co-chair.
It was gathered that prominent members of NIM and executive members of the ANN were present at the gathering.
They included Debe Odimegwu-Ojukwu, son of late founder of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Chief Odimegwu Ojukwu; Mr Fela Durotoye, and Mrs Elishama Ideh both presidential aspirants under the ANN platform.
Speaking at the gathering, Agbakoba said the decision of NIM to fuse into NIM was borne out of the need to realise its vision for Nigeria.
Represented by NIM’s, Deputy-Director-General, Mallam Nasir Kuta, he said the limited time to the general elections would not permit NIM to register as a political party to pursue its vision.
Agbakoba said the movement settled for ANN because the party shared in its vision and ideology to build a better Nigeria.
“It is trite to state that the majority of Nigerians have been overwhelmed by the extant quality of politics going on in our dear country as manifested by self-serving politics.
“For us in NIM, the whole essence of political leadership and government is the welfare and wellbeing of the citizenry.
“Therefore, there is need to restore hope to this country. The NIM was formed on 28th November 2017 by a new breed leaders of conscience towards breathing a new life of constitutional democracy and good governance trajectory that will engender a new Nigeria that works for all of us.
“Therefore having come to the reasoned conclusion that political parties are pillars for nurturing popular democracy and nurturing good governance and that political parties that have superintended over the affairs of the country have failed.
“And given the timeline of the general elections, it was our resolve to adopt a fresh and untainted political party with elemental potential of delivering dividends of democracy towards realizing a new Nigeria of our dream”, he said.
Agbakoba added that ANN was chosen after NIM had scanned no fewer than 17 parties that shared its vision.
He said ANN was the only party appropriate for NIM to pursue its PVC driven ballot revolution in 2019.
He said with the adoption of ANN, the political movement would gradually wind up and fuse into the party democratically.
Agbakoba urged Nigerians to join the ANN with the NIM in order to present a credible alternative in 2019.
He also urged citizens to obtain their PVCs as it was the instrument with which to elect their preferred leaders.
Speaking, National Chairman of ANN, Dr Jay Osi-Samuels said the adoption of ANN by NIM was historic.
He said the marriage of the two platforms was borne out of the need to give Nigerians a credible alternative in 2019.
Samuels said the coming of the two platforms meant they were both one and that the structure now belonged to both groups.
He urged Nigerians to trust the platform to deliver the goods in 2019.
“We also urged citizens to obtain their PVCs as that is what they need to realise the country of their dream”, he said.
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- Fani-Kayode laments, Nigeria is sitting on a keg of gunpowder
- Kill bandits anywhere you find them –Buhari orders troops (video)
- Bloody clash averted as Ijaw youths confront Asari Dokubo over Biafran meeting
- Attack on Ekweremadu, warning to leaders, politicians – Nigerians react
- Osas Ighodaro finally removes her hubby's surname 'Ajibade' from her Instagram page (Photos)
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 10
- ABUJA FCT 34
- Adamawa State 15
- Akwa Ibom State 13
- Anambra State 10
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 8
- Bayelsa State 9
- Benue State 7
- Borno State 15
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 8
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 12
- Delta State 11
- Ebonyi State 10
- Edo State 14
- Ekiti State 10
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 224
- Enugu State 8
- Featured 12
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 1
- Full time jobs 1019
- Gombe State 9
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 8
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 7
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1503
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 126
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 92
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 136
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 290
- Jos 6
- Kaduna State 13
- Kano State 9
- Katsina State 8
- Kebbi State 7
- Kogi State 9
- Kwara State 10
- Lagos State 140
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 7
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1102
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 14
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 9
- Osun State 9
- Oyo State 12
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 6
- Rivers State 25
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 7
- Taraba State 8
- Yobe State 8
- Zamfara State 7