Elderly Woman Commits Suicide In Rivers Community
The body of an elderly woman has been found outside her family compound in Rumuohalu, in the Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State after she was declared mising.
It was gathered that the deceased’s body was found hanging from the water tank in the compound with a wrapper around her neck in the early hours of Wednesday.
The woman’s niece, Florence Ohondam, told journalists in Port Harcourt that her aunt’s lifeless body was found after she was declared missing.
She said, “I woke up this morning and asked my children to go and call mama from the room where she used to sleep. The children went and searched for her in the room. She was not there. So, I asked them to search for her.
“My house help, Chinonso, later told me that she saw mama in the water, that mama tied a rope in the water. We thought that maybe she was bathing with cold water that early morning.
“We all ran out and saw her. She hanged herself. She carried two of my kitchen chairs and a torch. We even saw excreta on the ground. She had been staying with me for a long time”, the woman said.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021