After collapsing, a man caused a serious panic and died just 25 minutes after receiving the coronavirus vaccine.
A tragic incident happened on Sunday in America.
New York State Health Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker said in a statement that the man, who was in his 70s, fell as he left Manhattan’s Jacob Javits Convention Center just 25 minutes after getting his shot.
Shortly after he was rushed there, he was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
Whether the man’s death is linked to the vaccine is currently unclear, but an investigation is now underway.
Zucker said in his statement, ‘Initial indications are that the man did not have any allergic reaction to the vaccine,’
Zucker added that the man’s sudden collapse followed a mandatory 15-minute observation period in which he’d shown no adverse reactions or any distress.
The FDNY said that Senior Care had taken the patient to the hospital just before 11 am on Sunday, where he died shortly after arriving.
The man’s identity has not been revealed by officials yet. Which type of COVID-19 vaccine he received is also unclear.
In his statement, Zucker stressed that he and other public health experts believe the vaccine ‘is safe, and it will bring an end to this pandemic together with continued vigilance including wearing a mask and social distancing.’
‘I encourage the vaccination of all eligible New Yorkers,’ Zucker continued.
Almost one million people have been vaccinated in New York City so far, with 1.5 million residents receiving their first doses statewide.
In total, in the US, almost 42 million doses have been administered so far.
31,579,100 million people were given one dose of the vaccine, which is equal to 9.6 percent of the population. While over 9,147,000 Americans have now received both vaccine doses, 2.78 percent of the population has received both doses.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of www.ejesgist.com Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State