By :Emmanuel Ani
The Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Operations, Mr. Habilal Joshak, has said the security details of important personalities in Ekiti will be withdrawn on Saturday to add to the credibility of the Ekiti governorship election holding on July 14.
The police boss added that no party will be allowed to hold any political rally not approved by the police until the election is held.
Addressing journalists in Ado Ekiti on Wednesday, Joshak said he will work with one Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG), Mr. H.H. Karma and three other Commissioners of Police; Ali Janga , J.B. Kokumo and G.B. Umar , who will man each of the senatorial districts in the state.
Joshak said they have contacted security details of Governor Fayose and the candidate of the All Progressives Congress(APC), Dr Kayode Fayemi and other top government officials to report at 6 am at the police headquarters in Ado Ekiti on Saturday.
“We won’t allow anybody to go to the polling booth with armed men, this is a breach of the Electoral Act.
“We have contacted them and they have to be here before election commences. This election must not be compromised. They will be documented and whoever defies this will be sanctioned because they have been contacted,” he warned.
Joshak urged his men not to work for any political party, saying any police officer found exhibiting such will have himself to blame.
“Those who want to create posts where votes are going to be bought will be disappointed. We are not going allow it.
“If you cast your votes, you can keep a distance and protect your votes, but if you snatch the ballot, we will cut off your hands, if you run with it, we will stop your legs.
“If you come out with masquerade on the day of election, we will get it arrested and unmask the man behind it.
“My men will be civil, so people are free to come out to vote. Nobody will be harassed, that is not part of our duties.
“Our duty is to secure not only the electoral materials but all the citizens. We are going to be professional and watchful because we don’t want to be bedeviled with cases of hooliganism, ballot snatching and hate speeches before, during and after this election”, he said.
On the blockage of the government house, Jashak said: “We are not here to usurp the authority of Governor Fayose. We are not here to rubbish him because he represents the people.
“But we are not going to allow any rally that can trigger violence in the state. You can see that the state is tensed up.
“As law enforcement agents, we must be proactive and take actions that can prevent crisis rather than trying to quell it after it might have broken out”, he said.
He said the government house has not been blocked, clarifying that the policemen only blocked the road from Fajuyi to the Stated Secretariat.
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- INEC Caution Cross River REC over governorship ambition
- EPL: Van Persie wins best Arsenal player in Gunners 2-1 win over Burnley
- Abba risks jail as UK police, DSS petitioned over Buhari's Cambridge certificate
- Latest Jobs at Schneider Electric [Kano, Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Onitsha ]
- PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Job for HND/Bsc
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 10
- ABUJA FCT 34
- Adamawa State 15
- Akwa Ibom State 13
- Anambra State 10
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 8
- Bayelsa State 9
- Benue State 7
- Borno State 15
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 8
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 12
- Delta State 11
- Ebonyi State 10
- Edo State 14
- Ekiti State 10
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 224
- Enugu State 8
- Featured 12
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 1
- Full time jobs 1019
- Gombe State 9
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 8
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 7
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1503
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 126
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 92
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 136
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 290
- Jos 6
- Kaduna State 13
- Kano State 9
- Katsina State 8
- Kebbi State 7
- Kogi State 9
- Kwara State 10
- Lagos State 140
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 7
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1102
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 14
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 9
- Osun State 9
- Oyo State 12
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 6
- Rivers State 25
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 7
- Taraba State 8
- Yobe State 8
- Zamfara State 7