EFCC Secures Final Forfeiture of N827.6m from NDDC Contractors.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC has secured the final forfeiture of N827,679,098.32 (Eight Hundred and Twenty-Seven Million, Six Hundred and Seventy-Nine Thousand, Ninety-Eight Naira, Thirty-Two Kobo) from Flank Power Resources Limited and GMFD Ventures Limited.
Both firms are linked to contractors with the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC.
The EFCC told the court that the firms, Flank Power Resources Limited and GMFD Ventures Limited, were awarded contracts and paid by the NDDC, but failed to execute the projects, while the funds were diverted and laundered.
Matthew Edevbie is the Chief Executive Officer of Flank Power Resources Limited. It was discovered that between 2018 and 2019, Flank Power Resources Limited received the funds from the NDDC through its account number: 1015642852 , while the GMFD received through account number: 1014657819, both of which are domiciled in Zenith Bank Plc for de-silting contracts, which aside being inflated, were not executed, but diverted and laundered.
ALSO READ : Faces Of Two Soldiers Among The 7-Man Robbery Gang That Attacked Bullion Van in Ebonyi (Photo)
“The sum of N616,679,098.32 recovered from Flank Power Resources Limited was facilitated through 62 Zenith Bank drafts in favour of the EFCC Recovered Funds Account with the Central Bank of Nigeria, while the N211m from the GMFD came through 22 Zenith Bank drafts in favour of the same account.”
# EFCC Secures Final Forfeiture of N827.6m from NDDC Contractors
Pay Attention To:
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst