EFCC has Released Willie Obiano and his Wife
Willie Obiano, the immediate past Governor of Anambra State, has been released by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
According to reports, the anti-graft agency also released Ebelechukwu Obiano, the former governor’s wife.
EFCC releases Willie Obiano
Obiano and his wife were arrested by the EFCC in Lagos State shortly after he handed over power to Prof. Charles Soludo as governor of Anambra.
Obiano and his wife were apprehended at Lagos’ Murtala Muhammed International Airport, allegedly attempting to flee to Houston, Texas in the United States of America (USA).
Hot Gist Now🔥 : Alhaja Kaola Scandal Video: All you need to know
However, they were released by the anti-graft agency only a few hours after being apprehended at the airport.
Meanwhile, at the time of filing this report, details about why Obiano and his wife were arrested in the first place were still sketchy.
Prior to Thursday’s handover of power to Soludo, the EFCC said the former Anambra State Governor was on its watchlist.
Following their release by the EFCC, it is unclear whether Obiano and his wife will be allowed to leave the country.
That is all the information on EFCC releases Willie Obiano and his wife
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022