EFCC Prosecutes Oyo Perm Sec Over Alleged N4.4m Scam
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibadan Zonal Office, has arraigned a Permanent Secretary in the Oyo State Ministry of Agriculture, Rasaq Kolawole, for allegedly defrauding one Ibikunle Alonge of the sum of N4,400,000.
Kolawole was arraigned before Justice Aderonke Aderemi of the Oyo State High Court, Ibadan, on Wednesday, May 13, on one count of obtaining money under false pretence.
The offence is said to be in contravention of Section 1 (2) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act, 2006 and punishable under Section 1 (3) of the same Act.
The victim had in a petition to the EFCC accused Kolawole of fraudulently collecting the said amount of money from him as part payment for a piece of land situated at Alabata Olosoko area of Moniya, Ibadan.
He further alleged that it was after making the payment that he realised that the land actually belonged to one Mrs Ali (now deceased), adding that all efforts to get a refund were unsuccessful.
The one-count read, “That you, Kolawole Rasaq, on or about the 2nd of October, 2018, at Ibadan, within the Ibadan Judicial Division of this honourable court, with intent to defraud, obtained the sum of N4,400,000 only from one Alonge Ibikunle through Pastor Adeyemi Fabayo by pretending that it was part payment of the cost price of eleven and a half plots of land situated, lying and being at Alabata Olokoso area, via Moniya area, Ibadan which you purported to have sold to him.”
Kolawole pleaded not guilty to the charge and the prosecution counsel, Ben Ubi, prayed the court for a date for the commencement of trial.
Justice Aderemi admitted the defendant to bail on self-recognition and adjourned the matter to June 24 and 25 for trial.
Pay Attention To:
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )