A man identified as Adeleke Adeyemi has been arrested by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for alleged fraud.
The suspect is accused of conspiracy, obtaining money by false pretence, diversion of funds, issuance of dud cheques and money laundering to the tune of N800 million.
EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, in a statement gave the identity of Adeyemi’s accomplice as Odusanya Ayotunde Memphis (now at large).
In their capacities as Directors at Wafa Aggregate Limited, they allegedly approached EcoBank Plc for an N800 million loan to procure petroleum products from Covalent Oil & Gas Services Limited in October 2011.
But after obtainment, Adeyemi and Memphis allegedly diverted the funds to their personal use and defaulted in paying back the loan.
“Investigation revealed that the five Diamond Bank Plc cheques of N10 million each issued by the suspect and his accomplice were returned unpaid upon presentation”, Uwujaren noted.
The statement added that Adeyemi will soon be charged to court while the search for Odusanya is still on.
News Search Terms
Latest News in Nigeria , Naija Gist Amebo, Instant Naija Newspapers, Naija News ,Naija News Now, Legit News, Talk of Naija News, Naija News Gossip, Nigeria news, Latest Naija News Loaded, Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria , Latestnewsinnigeria
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- Shell Petroleum Development Company SPDC 2022 Recruitment for Graduates
- Asaba Specialist Hospital Massive Job Recruitment for Graduates and Non-Graduate
- Landmark University Recruitment for Non Academic staff
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022