The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has arrested Tanko AL-Makura, a former governor of Nassarawa state.
EFCC operatives allegedly arrested Al-Makura and his wife, Mairo, according to PremiumTimes. The newspaper also reported that the couples were being interrogated by anti-graft operatives at the agency’s headquarters in Abuja, citing anonymous sources.
According to reports, the arrest is related to money laundering. When Al-Makura was governor of Nasarawa State between 2011 and 2019, a source claims the couple had control of 55 bank accounts and their companies were involved in several suspicious transactions totalling billions of naira.
Huge sums of money were being funnelled through some of the accounts in a structured pattern shortly after Al-Makura became governor, it was discovered. It was also discovered that the state government made large transfers into a company owned by Mr Al-Makura and his wife.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)