– The EFCC is currently holding Abdulaziz Yari, a former governor of Zamfara state.
– The EFCC has reportedly been attempting to contact the ex-Zamfara governor for some time but has been unsuccessful.
– Like the majority of his former coworkers, Yari has now had his day with anti-graft agents.
According to Premium Times, Abdulaziz Yari, a former governor of Zamfara state, is currently being held by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
According to the paper, EFCC agents are questioning Yari about a slew of corruption allegations.
As of the time of filing this article, the former governor had been held for eight hours at the anti-graft agency’s Sokoto office.
A source quoted in the report said:
“He honoured the invitation at the Sokoto office at about 11 a.m. on Tuesday. He has been offered bail, but he has not been able to meet the bail conditions.”
Some Nigerians have been commenting on the former governor via social media.
Esan Kennie Paul wrote on Facebook:
“Nothing will come out of it.”
Umar Zagga asks:
“A major contender to the prestigious chairman of the ruling party. Could it be true?”
Ojo Ibrahim wrote:
“Hopefully, the new face of EFCC will do the needful rightly.”
Patrick Adedamola Daramola wrote:
“Recovered looted money relooted.”
Emmanuel Arubi wrote:
“EFCC of no value, what did country benefit from them, looting from looters to their own pocket.”
Recall that the EFCC recently arrested a former governor of Imo state, Senator Rochas Okorocha.
Okorocha was arrested at about 4 pm on Tuesday, April 13, at his Unity House private office in Abuja after a five-hour standoff with EFCC operatives who trailed him to the location.
Meanwhile, the EFCC’s boss, Abdulrasheed Bawa, has urged his employees to be hardworking and dedicated to their jobs, saying that Nigerians look up to them for success in the fight against corruption.
Bawa gave the advice during a visit to the commission’s Ibadan zonal office on Thursday, April 8.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021