The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission EFCC, Abuja zonal office, has arraigned Brigadier General Tarelah Paul Boroh (rtd) and Hanafi Musa Moriki, before Justice O. O. Goodluck of the FCT High Court, Abuja on a nine count charge, bordering on criminal breach of trust to the tune of N974,768,466 and $1,914,000.
The defendants are said to have on different occasions, dishonestly converted the sums of N8,601,571; N106,288,445; N12,078,450; N382,800,000; N456,000,000; N9,000,000 and more, while being public officers.
Count three of the charge reads: “That you, Paul Boroh and Hanafi, Moriki between the 1st of December 2016 and 30th July, 2017 at Abuja within the Jurisdiction of this Honourable Court whilst being public servants entrusted with property to wit funds of the Office of the Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta and Coordinator of the Presidential Amnesty Programme, dishonestly converted the sum of One Million, Seven Hundred and Fourteen Thousand United States Dollars to your own use and thereby committed an offense contrary to and punishable under section 315 of the Penal Code Law”.
They pleaded not guilty to all the counts brought against them by the EFCC.
In view of their plea, counsel to the 1st defendant Mike Ozekhome SAN prayed the court to grant his client bail on liberal terms, stating that his client willingly brought himself to court despite his failing health.
Counsel to the 2nd defendant, OA Dada also prayed the court to grant his client bail on liberal terms.
However, prosecuting counsel, Aisha A.T Habib opposed the bail applications, stating that a counter affidavit had been filed against the applications and prayed the court to grant the case accelerated hearing.
The Judge however granted the defendants bail in the following terms: while the 1st defendant was offered a N2m bail, the 2nd defendant was granted bail in the sum of N20m. The defendants are to provide 2 sureties not below the rank of Assistant Director in the Federal Public Service, who must be resident in Abuja.
PAY ATTENTION TO : Boy Kidnaps 10-year Old Sister, Demands 10Million From Father
The defendants are also to deposit their International passports with the court registry.
Justice Goodluck thereafter adjourned the case to 26, 27 November and 3, 4 December 2019 for trial.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- INEC Recruitment 2020 for Edo and Ondo Election |pres.inecnigeria.org
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Massive Job Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited (30 Positions)
- TOS TV Network 2020 Job Recruitment (23 Positions)
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]