Chief Edwin Clark has endorsed the former Bayelsa State, Governor Seriake Dickson for the Bayelsa West Senatorial District.
He also urged Ijaw leaders across the country to support the ex-Governor for the position which became vacant as a result of the election of the holder Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo as deputy governor, in the collective interest of the Ijaw nation and the Niger Delta.
HOT GIST : Bet Awards 2020 Winners List
Chief Clark was quoted by Dickson’s media adviser Fidelis Soriweri, as saying that Bayelsa and the Ijaw nation was seriously in need of men of demonstrable character, courage, capacity and knowledge like Dickson to be in the senate.
He said the former governor possesses vast experience in leadership, the political network, and the requisite knowledge to effectively tackle the critical issues of interest to the Ijaw nation such as Resource Control, True Federalism, Restructuring, Power Devolution among others.
The Elder Statesman said Dickson should be backed for the Senatorial slot as his antecedents have rightly portrayed him as a man of immense courage, integrity and honour who has never for once succumbed to intimidation of whatever form.
He said Dickson was well equipped and prepared to defend the interest of the Ijaw nation, the Niger Delta, the South South and to collaborate with his counterparts in other parts of the country to make Nigeria a better nation.
He said that the ex-Governor left behind a record of sterling performance as a member of the House of the House of Representatives and as Governor of Bayelsa State for eight years.
Clark recalled that the former Governor declared emergency in the education sector, established two universities, a polytechnic, several free boarding secondary schools, the Bayelsa International Airport, Roads and bridges, and several facilities in the health, agriculture, and other sectors.
“The Ijaw nation today, more than ever before, needs people with strong character, to run for the Senate, to tackle the lingering issues, and the interest of the Ijaw nation, the Niger Delta; such as Restructuring, True Federalism, Resource Control, and other pertinent matters in the defense of the Ijaw interest, the South-South and indeed the country.
PAY ATTENTION TO : 6-year-old Girl Raped to Death Inside Kaduna Mosque
“I make bold to declare that His Excellency, Hon. Henry Seriake Dickson, the immediate past Governor of Bayelsa State, has displayed the quintessential Ijaw virtues of honour, courage and integrity, and has never succumbed to intimidation. I believe that he would advance our cause and join other compatriots to work for a better and greater Nigeria.”
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executives
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at West Africa Container Terminal
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Employment Opportunities at Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Deutsche Partners Holdings
- Ongoing Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Marriott International