Plan International is an impartial improvement and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances youngsters’s rights and equality for ladies. We help youngsters’s rights from delivery till they attain maturity, and allow youngsters to organize for – and reply to – crises and adversity. We imagine within the energy and potential of each little one, however know that is typically suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the place beneath:
Job Title: Education Project Officer
Location: Damaturu, Yobe State, Nigeria
- The objective of this position is to help the implementation of Integrated Education for Adolescent Girls’ undertaking in Northeast, Nigeria
Dimensions of the Role
- The submit holder will immediately implement the undertaking and likewise doc classes learnt, help assessments and monitoring and analysis of the Education in Emergencies elements of Plan International’s emergency response.
- He/she is chargeable for evaluation, response evaluation, design, capability constructing.
- The submit holder may even contribute in direction of the capability constructing of Plan Internationals implementing companions.
In collaboration with the Project Coordinator:
- Support in documenting classes learnt and best practices of the pilot undertaking
- Support the Project Coordinator, Project Manager and EiE Specialist in designing of the Project Implementation Plans.
- Ensure the execution of the Project Implementation Plan and work intently with the National implementing companions on the undertaking
- Will work intently with the National companions within the execution of the Formal, non-formal (ALP & IQE) schooling part of the undertaking
- With help from M&E workforce design a Monitoring plan and easy information assortment instruments to make sure monitoring and information assortment of key undertaking indicators.
- Will be chargeable for the formation, strengthening and coaching of the Community buildings (SBMCs, PMCs, CBCPCs) and so forth.
- Will play a key position within the mobilization and engagement of the neighborhood and stakeholders within the implementation and monitoring of the undertaking
- Will be chargeable for faculty supervision, and information assortment
- Will help in organizing and facilitating trainer trainings and assessments
- Support evaluation of Education sector within the state of implementation
- Review, assess and replace the schooling scenario in areas affected by emergency
- Highlight schooling points requiring a response – each rapid (lower than 2 months) and medium time period and make suggestions on particular PLAN actions required. Ensure core commitments to youngsters are considered.
- Ensure key information from assessments may very well be used as a baseline for program analysis. If extra baseline information is required to guage youngsters’s studying outcomes, then work with acceptable colleagues to gather this extra data.
- In collaboration with nationwide and worldwide Education actors, map present institutional response capacities – together with conducting an schooling particular 3Ws.
- Support in designing acceptable schooling interventions based mostly on the outcomes of assessments and the context. Inclusion of high quality points in schooling and studying outcomes is admittedly essential.
- Ensure that problems with early childhood, gender, safety, DRR, and battle sensitivity are factored into this system design.
- Ensure Plan worldwide pointers, UN schooling cluster requirements and INEE Minimum Standards, are thought of and any departures documented.
- Provide common updates to Project Coordinator and Education in Emergencies Specialist, on progress, priorities and constraints – verbally and in writing on an agreed frequency.
- Represent Plan International to clusters, governmental and non-governmental teams as wanted and agreed with the Team Leader.
- Support the implementation of, and signify Plan International in, emergency schooling coordination mechanisms together with any related cluster.
- Brief updates and reports on sectoral actions/methods to donors and different stakeholders.
- Perform another undertaking associated duties as specified by the Project Coordinator
- Ensures that Plan International’s international insurance policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are totally embedded in accordance with the ideas and necessities of the coverage together with related Implementation Standards and Guidelines as relevant to their space of duty.
- This consists of, however just isn’t restricted to, guaranteeing workers and associates are conscious of and perceive their obligations below these insurance policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their space of labor, and that issues are reported and managed in accordance with the suitable procedures.
Human Resource Development:
- Supports the orientation, on-going improvement/coaching and construct capability of native companion workers when required.
- Support the preparation of reports for home and worldwide consumption.
- Provide well timed responses regarding queries linked with related initiatives or programmes.
- Report to the Project Coordinator;
- Provide help to Plan International Nigeria’s programme supply and useful resource mobilisation.
- Work with different members of the programme models to make sure efficient and environment friendly programme supply.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- University degree or equal in Education, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, or associated fields
- Minimum of three years related working expertise Education in Emergencies
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Good data and understanding of DO NO HARM ideas and established worldwide little one safety requirements (particularly UNCRC)
- Experience with participatory approaches to schooling, emergency preparedness, disaster/emergency reduction administration, or different associated space.
- Experience working with IDPs, refugees and different susceptible populations (best)
- Experience in TaRL methodology EiE programme fascinating however not important
- Previous expertise immediately offering companies to youngsters at threat and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence
- Strong skill to work independently, arrange work, meet deadlines, keep composure, prioritize work below stress, coordinate a number of duties and keep consideration to element
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving abilities, creativity and suppleness
- Works properly in and promotes teamwork, snug in a multi-cultural setting, versatile and in a position to deal with stress properly.
- Ability to learn and write in each English and Hausa languages appropriately
- Actively seeks for help in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Strategic considering and efficient contribution to personal work and Organisational improvement.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complicated conditions
- Creates sturdy sense of objective and dedication inside personal a part of operations and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to ship on agreed targets and requirements of behaviour
- Demonstrates a excessive degree of professionalism/integrity
- Provides good and satisfactory administrative and logistical help to allow programmes to fulfill meets it’s agreed monetary and program outcomes.
- Strong emotional intelligence together with self-awareness.
- Leads by instance to encourage excessive performance of others
- Very sturdy dedication to steady studying
- Travel extensively inside the LGA to guide and supervise programme actions.
Level of contact with youngsters:
- High stage: Frequent interplay with youngsters
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline ninth March, 2021.
Some of the favored queries people used to search out this Job Vacancies are kindly famous down. See the queries beneath: