The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has alleged that National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu and some chieftains of the party are plotting to buy votes with N300m to rig Saturday’s governorship election.
The Campaign Council of Edo State PDP, through its Chairman of the Publicity and Media Committee, Chris Nehikhare, made the allegation while addressing journalists at a media briefing in Benin City on Monday.
ALSO READ : PTF Cries Out Says International Travelers who are Positive are Arriving Nigeria with Fake COVID-19 negative results-
Nehikhare said intelligence reports revealed that the council areas in Lagos State had been mandated to contribute N15m each to finance the rigging plan.
He further alleged that former National Chairman of APC, Adams Oshiomhole, had invited military officers from Kogi, Ondo and Lagos states to Edo ahead of the election to intimate voters from coming out en masse to vote.
Nehikhare, called on President Muhammadu Buhari and Chief of Army Staff, Maj.-Gen. Tukur Buratai to intervene, as the military officers have become a source of worry to residents and Edo electorate.
Meanwhile, the APC has berated the PDP for alleging that it was planning to rig the election through Tinubu, adding that Edo does not need a faltering Governor Obaseki.
Chairman of APC Media Campaign Council, John Mayaki, stated this while reacting to Nehikhare’s allegations, stressing, “The PDP spokesman may have been disoriented when he ‘fabricated’ the story.”
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates