Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, the Governor of Abia State, has clarified why the South East Governors’ Forum created the security outfit Ebube Agu.
The Governor spoke on Channels Television just hours after the Southeast unveiled Ebube Agu, a joint security force.
READ ALSO : Prophet Odumeje Saga : You Have to Forgive This Girl’ – Asaba-based Native Doctor Begs Prophet Odumeje to Forgive Comedienne, Ada Jesus (Video)
Ebube Agu operatives, according to Ikpeazu, will oversee and track vigilante groups’ activities in the South East.
“Today, we have come together to collaborate to see how we can better protect citizens’ lives and property within this geographical zone,” he said.
“The current security situation in Nigeria is complex. We’re just trying to make sense of our unique situation in the southeast,” he said.
Governor Ikpeazu, on the other hand, did not confirm or deny whether Ebube Agu staff will be armed and wear uniforms.
What matters, according to Ikpeazu, is that he and his colleagues from the other four states in the area work together to ensure that Ebube Agu’s operatives are properly trained.
“In name, meaning, and action, Ebube Agu will be a security organisation. It will be completely outfitted. I want to reassure you that there are vigilante groups in every state in the southeast.
“We want to call for a harmonised, synergized system of action so that we can exchange notes and set up digital channels to respond to communication challenges,” he said.
Ikpeazu stated that the new organisation would be rural-based, as well as intelligence-based.
Hot Nigerian Jobs
- United Bank for Africa Plc Massive Recruitment for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff