The Department of State Services (DSS), says Faisal, the son of former Chairman of the Pension Reform Task Team (PRTT), Abdulrasheed Maina, pulled a pistol at security operatives while they were trying to arrest him and his father.
The Public Relations Officer of the agency, Peter Afunanya, disclosed this in a statement issued on Wednesday.
According to Afunanya, 20-year-old Faisal had pulled the pistol in an attempt to resist the arrest but was not successful.
He was, however, disarmed and arrested alongside his father at the Pennsylvania Avenue Hotel, Utako, Abuja.
Read Also: Lightning Strike kills three family members
Maina’s arrest comes nearly four years after he had been declared wanted by the EFCC for an alleged N2 billion fraud in November 2015.
Afterward, he disappeared from the public glare only to resurface in October 2017 and was reinstated as a Director in the Ministry of Interior – a situation that sparked criticism from Nigerians.
According to the DSS, the arrest was made possible following renewed collaborations between the security and law enforcement agencies.
Items recovered from both Maina and his son include a pistol with live ammunition, a bulletproof Range Rover SUV, a BMW Saloon car, foreign currencies, a Phantom 7 drone and sensitive documents.
They will both be handed over to the EFCC for further investigations.
Source : Channels Tv
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health