According to The PUNCH, two athletes who were participating in the 2021 National Sports Festival have tested positive for coronavirus.
The Chairman, Local Organising Committee for the festival, Mr Philip Shaibu, made this known an interview with newsmen in Benin on Saturday.
The PUNCH earlier reported that Oyo and Taraba states failed the screening and have been disqualified.
Shaibu, who is the States Deputy Governor, said the two athletes tested ppositivefor COVID-19 after the instant PCR test on arrival.
He said the athletes have been taken to the Stella Obasanjo Hospital Isolation Centre.
He said, “The contingents of Oyo and Taraba stand disqualified from the 20th NSF unless the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 gives a counter directive as both states failed to meet with the COVID-19 guidelines of the games.
“We have to be strick with the guidelines so as not to use the games as an avenue to spread COVID-19 in the state, which has already been flattened.
“Even if the PTF gives approval for both states to be admitted, the teams have to go through strict COVID-19 screening and testing before they will be allowed into camp.”
News Search Terms
Latest News in Nigeria , Naija Gist Amebo, Instant Naija Newspapers, Naija News ,Naija News Now, Legit News, Talk of Naija News, Naija News Gossip, Nigeria news, Latest Naija News Loaded, Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria , Latestnewsinnigeria
Pay Attention To:
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- United Nations recruitment for a Programme Officer
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited