Tensions between President Donald Trump and his Vice President Mike Pence resulted in the president blocking the entry to the White House of Vice President’s Chief of Staff Marc Short.
ALSO READ : School Resumption in Delta State now January 18
Trump has lobbied Pence in recent weeks to reverse the November election results in his favour.
Trump became more and more vocal in his demands at a rally held on Wednesday, January 6, near the White House, while speaking to a group of supporters who later stormed the Capitol building in an attempted rebellion.
“Mike Pence, I hope you get to stand up for the good of our Constitution and for the good of our country, and if you’re not, I’m going to be very disappointed in you,” Trump said.
Pence, instead, issued a lengthy statement denying the requests of the president.
“It is my considered judgement that my oath to support and defend the Constitution restricts me from claiming unilateral authority to determine which electoral votes should be counted and which should not be counted,” Pence said in his speech.
Mike Pence also switched his Twitter bio to a photo of Trump’s rival, President-elect Joe Biden.
With Trump, this didn’t go well and he took to Twitter to call out Mike Pence.
“Trump wrote, “Mike Pence did not have the strength to do what should have been done to defend our country and our Constitution, giving states the opportunity to certify a corrected collection of facts, not the false or misleading ones they were previously asked to certify.” ”
Twitter later deleted Trump’s message.
According to Mike Pence’s chief of staff, Marc Short, who told RealClearPolitics reporter Phillip Wegmann that he had been banned from the White House because of Pence’s decision not to obey the president’s orders, the US president remained “vindictive,”
[Trump’s] blaming me for the VP’s suggestions,”[Trump’s] blaming me for advice to VP,”
- 2021 Management Trainee Recruitment at 3P Solutions & Company
- Graduate Job Recruitment at Haventis Drugs Limited
- First Bank Nigeria 2021 Massive Recruitment
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria ( January )
- Nigeria Police Force, NPF Microfinance Bank Plc Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 (28 Positions)
- Franchise Governance Officer at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Transaction Trainees Needed in a Reputable Bank in Nigeria
- Jobs In Nigeria at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Akwa Ibom State Teachers Recruitment 2021 ( Massive Recruitment of 10, 000 Graduates )
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to [email protected]