Senator Dino Melaye, who served in the 8th National Assembly as a member of the Kogi West Senatorial District, has encouraged Nigerian youths to mature and stop selling their votes to politicians.
In response to a video showing Ghanaian teenagers rejecting bags of food from a politician, the Senator made the plea in an Instagram post.
Angry youths in Ghana’s Damongo town were observed rejecting rice bags handed to them by NPP lawmaker Samuel Abu Jinapors, who represents their constituency in parliament.
The Youths also took turns carrying the bags of rice back into the Hilux that had delivered them, while telling the Politician to leave the area with his wares as soon as possible.
They were also chanting, “We need jobs, not rice bags!”
Maleye reacted by wondering if a similar occurrence might ever happen in Nigeria.
He went on to say that Nigerian kids needed to mature and learn from Ghanaian youngsters as well.
“Ghanaian youths reject politicians’ free bags of rice in favour of job creation.
“Is it possible for this to happen in Nigeria? Nigerian youths, to be honest, need to mature,” he stated.
WATCH VIDEO HERE
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt