In a statement on Tuesday by the Presidential Spokesman, Femi Adesina mentioned former President and ECOWAS special envoy, Jonathan briefed the President on Mali crisis.
Adesina added that Jonathan informed President Buhari that the nation’s essential opposition group, M5, demanded the resignation of President Ibrahim Keita. He stated ECOWAS additionally rejected the demands of the opposition group.
The statement learn, “President Muhammadu Buhari Tuesday received his immediate predecessor in office, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, at State House, Abuja.
“Dr Jonathan, who is ECOWAS Special Envoy to the Republic of Mali, briefed on the political situation in the West African country, as corollary to efforts by West African leaders to restore stability to the country.
“President Buhari and four other ECOWAS leaders had visited Bamako, Mali, last month, followed by a virtual extraordinary summit of the sub-regional body.
“Dr Jonathan, who was in Mali from Monday to Thursday, last week, recounted his meetings with the stakeholders, including political and religious leaders, Ambassadors of US, France, Russia, Germany, European Union, and other important personalities key to peace and cohesion in the country.
“The main opposition group, M5, he said, continued to insist on the resignation of President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita, a position not acceptable to ECOWAS, which insisted only on democratic process in change of power within its jurisdiction.”
Pay Attention To:
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )